Here at James's we seriously love Linen - relaxed and wrinkled yet effortlessly chic.
Not only do the unique fibres and physical properties of linen make it ideal in the warm spring and summer weather it is also the most versatile of shirts.
Extracted from the flax plant linen is one of the oldest fibres used in textile weaving and recognised as the worlds strongest natural fibre that naturally transports air, and moisture form the body.
After every wear and wash the finest linen will become softer and gain a personal pattina, The Eton linen is particularly good and comes already softly washed so it is comfortable from the get go.
Embrace its wrinkled appereance and wear it with almost anything, under an unconstructed lightweight suit for elegant dinners or even with a pair of swimming shorts for beachside strolls.
All in all it is the perfect cloth for keeping the wearer feeling cool, comfortable, and confident!
Here's 8 reasons why you should be wearing linen this summer:
- 2-3 times stronger and smoother than cotton fabric
- Weave of linen fibers allows for airflow which keeps clothing away from the skin
- Anti-cling and anti-static – fabric billows out away from the body to dry out any moisture and become cool again
- Air permeability allows body to breathe
- Quickly absorbs and evaporates moisture – acts like a cooling system (Can absorb 1/5 of its weight before feeling damp)
- Allows heat to escape, improving cooling system
- Shading properties from sun/heat
- Those wearing linen feel 3-4 degrees cooler than those in silk or cotton garments and perspire 1.5 times less
And don't forget the older you get the better the Linen will match your complexion, there has to be some benefit to having those extra wrinkles!!